Postcode: 2156 | Distance to Sydney CBD: 42 km
Annangrove is a suburb of Sydney 42 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district in the Hills District region.
Annangrove is named after Annangrove House, the home of Edward Charles Johnston, a grandson of George Johnston who had received a large grant in present-day Annandale. He had named his house Annandale, after his birthplace Annan in Scotland and his grandson also used the name for his house in this area. Timber cutting was the first industry in the area, the land was then used for orchards from the 1880s. Edward Johnston bought his land in 1893 from Bennett William Johns. The post office took the Annangrove name from his house when it opened on 16 October 1895, as did the school in 1896.
According to the 2011 census of Population, there were 1,370 residents in Annangrove. 79.6% of residents were born in Australia. The most common other countries of birth were England 3.9%, Germany 1.1% and Italy 1.1%. 87.0% of residents spoke only English at home. Other languages spoken at home included Italian 2.8%, Arabic 1.3% and Greek 0.7%. The most common responses for religious affiliation were Catholic 40.4%, Anglican 20.9% and No Religion 11.6%.