Postcode: 2756 | Distance to Sydney CBD: 63 km
Cattai is a suburb located 63 kilometres
north-west of the Sydney central business
district in the local government areas of
The Hills Shire and City of Hawkesbury.
Cattai is bounded in the west by the
Hawkesbury River and is traversed by Cattai
Creek to its confluence with the river.
Apart from the natural endowments of the
area, one of the outstanding landmarks is
the brick farmhouse known as Cad-Die,
located at the junction of Cattai Creek and
the Hawkesbury River. This Georgian house
was built in 1821 by Thomas Arndell, with
further additions being made in the 1860s.
It is now listed on the Register of the
Cattai Post Office opened on 26 November 1906 and closed in 1994.
Cattai National Park, Mitchell Park, Cattai Primary School and the Cattai Joinery.