Yarramundi is a suburb located 69 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the City of Hawkesbury.

History
The suburb is named after Yarramundi, an Indigenous Australian of the Boorooberongal clan of the Darug people. He was a garadyi or 'doctor' and was called by Europeans 'the chief of the Richmond Tribe'.  This area was previously known as Kearns Retreat. Nepean Sand and Gravel Limited established a sand mine on the island at Yarramundi Falls in 1925. An aerial ropeway connected the island with railway sidings near Phillip, where the former railway to Kurrajong crossed the river. Following a flood which destroyed the ropeway, a railway was laid in 1927 from the existing sidings to the mine on the island. This railway was operated by their own locomotives. In July 1946, the transport was replaced by road trucks.

Sport and recreation

Camp Yarramundi (YMCA)

Yellowmundee Track - Yarramundi, NSW - Western Sydney Mountain Bike Club.